U.S. Agencies Providing EU Certificates
The U.S. issuing agencies are identified by their acronyms. Following is a list of these agencies and a link to the relevant pages on their websites.
Whenever the EU publishes model veterinary certificates for use by eligible third country suppliers, U.S. regulatory agencies will cross-out any statement that refers to health situations that are not relevant to the United States. Certificates for plants and plant products are issued by APHIS inspectors, who attest to the specific requirements of EU legislation with the necessary declarations in the space provided on the phytosanitary certificate.
- AMS: Agricultural Marketing Service, USDA
- APHIS: Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, USDA
- FDA: Food and Drug Administration
- FSIS: Food Safety and Inspection Service, USDA
- NOAA: National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- FGIS: Federal Grain Inspection Service; Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyards Administration, USDA